Saturday, September 15, 2012


Discussions by M. Azim Ulfati

"The Financial System"Please respond to the following:
  • From the e-Activity, analyze the average return for the past five years of the mutual funds you chose. Compare and contrast the funds’ performances over the five-year time period. Provide examples with your response. Then, assume you operated a firm and were seeking to invest some of your company’s profit. Determine which one you would purchase as a part of your company’s portfolio.  Provide a rationale.
I would like to choose Rydex Dynamic NASDAQ-100 2X Strategy H (RYVYX) and I will invest a great performance from the mutual fund for the portfolio of my company. I would choose a long-term portfolio not a short one because if I choose short term, there is not enough ups and downs some times and I can not pay my expenses. I would prefer to make profit but some times if lose then I wait until the stock market is up to make profit.

I will invest and seek to provide investment results that match, before fees and expenses, the performance of a specific benchmark on a daily basis for my company. For example let’s see the ups and downs of Rydex Dynamic NASDAQ-100 2X Strategy H(RYVYX) in the past five years.

LONG TERM**
SYMBOL
COMPANY
3-MONTH
YTD
1-YR
3-YR
5-YR
Rydex Dynamic NASDAQ-100 2X Strategy H
17.11
44.37
46.10
35.18
4.83
I believe if I invest in this fund, it will not only help me in retirement but it will also help to value my company.

After reviewing Case Study 16.3, analyze the benefits and drawbacks of treating coffee as a commodity in the marketplace. Speculate if the artisan coffee business model will be successful in the long run. Provide examples and a rationale with your response.
Evaluation
.
Sweetwater Organic Coffee is a member of the Fair Trade Federation, the association of North American retailers and importers. They are not only committed to fair trade and sells items sourced based on fair trade principles but they are also committed to fair, direct and transparent trading relationship with small scale coffee farmers and their cooperatives though out the universe’s coffee lands. They roast all the coffee and order in micro batches and all the coffees are certified USDA organic, high altitude and shade grown, specialty grade Arabica. This really fantastic that allows coffee to be pure organic with the best quality and reasonable price.
Sweetwater delivers the message of sustainability by roasting truly extraordinary coffee that does justice to their hard-working trading partners and Mother Nature… from crop to cup.
I believe that Sweetwater is going to be successful in the long run not only in the United States but also in other countries for its fair prices, organic coffee and excellent quality. Consumers always prefer to spend on coffee by considering the best quality, organic and fair prices of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment