Friday, December 21, 2012

"Leadership Assessment"a discussion by M.Azim Ulfati
  • "Assess your own leadership potential using one of the models of leaderships and discuss the steps you could take to become a truly exceptional leader".
I believe that there are many factors and things that make me a great leader either at home, at work or being in-group of friends, best friends and relatives.
I always try to be an example for others to follow me. I always keep a positive attitude based on the situation. In worst-case situations or scenarios, if I get angry then I don’t really talk that much with people around me but try to find the solution ways. My anger and rage is quietness. I am very passionate about the things I plan in my daily life either at work or at home and that is how my team and the ones who are around me will become passionate. I strive for a better future every day and night and am enthusiastic and optimistic and that is how the people around me pick up the same attitude.
I am always honest, accountable, respectful, polite and modest person and assure my self to be that way and think to more effective with strong character traits.

I take a pride and hope for the best at work or at home and pay attention to macro management and micro management some times to have a high standard of excellence.

When I am at home, I try to be best friend with my brother, father, mother, sisters, girlfriend but when I am at work I try to be friendly with employees but not their best friend. I don’t want rumors of favoritism to happen around at my work for being best friend to employees and the friendship which I will keep with them will be very quite. I try to be very sensitive with being friend and best friend. If a leader should not keep the balance between these two, I guess he/she loses respect. I have taken risks in my life to be an exceptional leader and taking necessary changes I have changed the situation to a better one either at work or at home.

I have always taken the opinions of others in doing a business and have asked for suggestions and comments and have been able to take criticisms for improvement and betterment of daily work and life. When faced with criticism I have tried to hold my emotions and stay cool and have listened and analyzed the criticism and I have imaginary put my self in other shoes and later on I have decided for a positive and rational change.

I have never tried to lose temper, be late at work or any appointments and I have tried to leave late when going home regularly and also try not to gossip, be goofy or joke around too much because doing these lose moral, respect, dignity and credibility of a leader.
When I am at work I try to act very professionally and take break when needed because I don’t want to mix out side business with my professional work and when I am tired, I don’t want to feel stressed or overwhelmed and do take a break in that case. I try not to be frustrated with stress and challenges that I face but I try to be emotionally stable and fight with it.
I never talk negative about people around me at home, friends, colleagues or customers and try to be a leader both at work and outside of the work place

No comments:

Post a Comment